Our Hands, Our Future | Global Handwashing Day
Handwashing protects our own health, but also allows us to build our own futures, as well as those of our communities, and the world.
Handwashing with soap is the most effective and inexpensive way to prevent death for millions of children in developing countries every year. Despite its lifesaving potential, handwashing with soap is seldom practiced.
Even in the United States, where soap is plentiful, handwashing doesn’t happen as often as it should.
How Can I get Involved?
It’s easy! Join the handwashing movement and help us make handwashing a habit 365 days a year and on Global Handwashing Day, celebrated annually on October 15.
There is a lot you can do and here are a few ideas and resources to help you get started.
- View ACI's Make Handwashing a Habit Anytime Webinar
- Request copies or download and share our Global Handwashing Day Activity Sheet
- Complete a handwashing campaign or project and apply for the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP National Award
- Send an eCard to your family and friends
- Make handwashing a priority in your school and at work
- Incorporate handwashing into your FCCLA chapter work
- Create a project, activity or campaign for Global Handwashing Day
- Download the Global Handwashing Day Posters below and display them in your school and community
- Share ACI’s handwashing resources with your contacts
- Use your Facebook, Twitter and other networks to share handwashing messages with your school community, friends and family Tweet #iwashmyhands Tweet #cleaningmatters