The ambition we are striving for is for all cleaning product packaging to be circular.
Our Roadmap for getting there:
As an industry, we are committed to improving packaging design by ensuring packaging is recyclable or reusable, reducing virgin material use, and increasing post-consumer recycled (PCR) or renewably sourced content. In addition, we know we have a role to play in helping to evolve our systems of recovery. To support this transition, in 2021, we released our Circular Packaging Roadmap outlining our ambition and associated goals.
Design cleaning product packaging for reuse or recycling, improving our Materials Circularity Index score 25% by 20251
- Reduce the use of virgin material per dose in all cleaning product packaging by increasing PCR content, enhancing concentration and/or using less packaging.
- Design 100% of cleaning product packaging to be recyclable2 or reusable3.
Embrace technologies to improve our Materials Circularity Index score an additional 25% by 20301
- Further reduce the use of virgin material per dose by increasing PCR content, enhancing concentration and/or using less packaging.
- Utilize reusable containers or other new packaging technologies and approaches.
Working with external stakeholders, evolve systems of recovery to eliminate all cleaning product packaging waste by 2040
- Achieve a 75% recycling rate for cleaning product packaging waste by 2030.
- Achieve 100% collection and reuse, recycling or composting of cleaning product packaging waste by 2040.