Handwashing protects our own health, but also allows us to build our own futures, as well as those of our communities, and the world. October 15 is Global Handwashing Day to increase awareness and understanding about the importance of handwashing.
Why Does it Matter Now?
One of the most effective ways to stop the spread of a virus is also one of the simplest: hand hygiene, especially through handwashing with soap. To keep communities healthy, handwashing with soap must be a priority now and in the future.
How Can I get Involved?
It’s easy! Join the handwashing movement and help celebrate Global Handwashing Day and make handwashing a habit 365 days a year.
There is a lot you can do and here are a few ideas and resources to help you get started:
- Download and share our Global Handwashing Day Activity Sheet
- Make handwashing a priority in your school and at work with our Healthy Returns resources
- Create a project or activity for Global Handwashing Day
- Download a Global Handwashing Day Poster and display it in your community
- Share ACI’s handwashing resources with your contacts
- Follow ACI on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share our handwashing messages with your school community, friends and family or post your own, using #GlobalHandwashingDay.
The Commit to Clean toolkit offers resources for school administrators and educators designed to help communicate the importance of cleaning, disinfecting and hand hygiene for a healthy and successful academic year.
The Healthy Returns toolkit includes resources designed for businesses to deploy in their workplace to help guide efforts and communicate the importance of safety and health as a priority.