To minimize your chances of getting the flu from sick co-workers, students or fellow commuters, make sure you practice proper handwashing habits.
Cold & Flu Prevention Steps
Important steps to protecting you and your family from the spread of cold or flu germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve if you don’t have a tissue.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- If you get sick, stay home from work or school except to seek medical care and limit contact with others.
Educate others about good hygiene during cold and flu season!