Help share the message about the imporance of good handwashing behavior. Click the images below to download and print copies of the Have U Washed posters and brochures.
Think About It
- Borrow a pencil
- Reach for a doorknob
- Use a computer keyboard or mouse
- Talk on a phone or cell phone
- Shake hands, bump fists or high-five
- Handle a football, basketball, baseball bat or barbell
Did the people who touched those items before you have clean hands? Don’t you wish they had washed their hands? Wouldn’t the people who will touch those things after you want you to do the same?
Have you washed your hands today?
Answer true or false to these handwashing questions, then check your answers below.
- Just rinsing hands with water will do the job!
- Using hot water will clean your hands best.
- I should wash for at least 15 - 20 seconds.
- I can wash only my palms and fingers and be ok.
- It’s best to dry my hands on my jeans.
Most germs are harmless, but you can pick up some that cause illnesses.
When we forget to wash our hands, or don't wash them properly, we can spread germs to other people, or give them to ourselves by touching our eyes, mouth, nose or cuts on our bodies.
1. False. You need soap to actually get rid of germs on your skin.
2. False. Hot water is too uncomfortable and can make your skin rough and chapped. Warm water is best because you will wash longer.
3. True. Washing at least 15 - 20 seconds will remove most of those germs on your hands. Washing for less time than that won’t remove enough germs.
4. False. Germs easily collect on other parts of your hands. Be sure to wash wrists, the backs of your hands and under fingernails too.
5. False. You can but your jeans may be dirty. Clean paper towels are the best way to dry your hands.