Plan your work, then work your plan. You can tackle your spring-cleaning in even the smallest chunks of time. Each of the tasks on our list takes just a few minutes, so you can decide how many you can squeeze into your already busy day.
- Inventory your supplies and add what’s missing to your grocery list
- Make a to-do list for what you want to clean, then divide it up by task or room
- If you try to clean all the blinds in one day, chances are that you may not be as through on the later ones. Pace yourself and only clean one or two windows (or one room) a day.
- Take down curtains to wash or take to the cleaners or vacuum them and use a fabric refresher to neutralize any odors
- Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment on the hose to clean up any cobwebs in the corners
- Wipe or vacuum the blades first to get any loose dust, then spray your cleaning cloth to keep any cleaning product from staining your ceiling
- Vacuum the cushions and under them
- Use a fabric refresher to neutralize any odors