Clean-up doesn't have to be a chore!
Fireplaces crackling, wine glasses tinkling, guests chuckling … don’t miss out on the sounds of the holidays because you’re stuck scrubbing the dishes in the kitchen. Here are some dishwashing tips so you can enjoy entertaining your guests without facing an enormous clean up job at the end of the night.
- Wash dishes as you use them during the preparation phase
- Get the kids to help
- Serve from the pan instead of using (and then needing to wash) serving bowls
- Have guests bring a dish (then take it with them to wash at their house)
- Don’t stack up the plates or glasses on the counter – put them immediately in the dishwasher
- Scrape out pots and soak casserole dishes with baked on messes if necessary
- Don’t leave silver plate in a sink full of water
- Rinse out the wine glasses (red wine can leave stains if left overnight). You can wash these and the other hand wash items in the morning