- Free, Online Resources Prepare College Students Keeping Clean On and Off Campus
- Download the Toolkit: CleaningInstitute.org/ClassofClean
Do college students know how to clean? The American Cleaning Institute (ACI) aims to answer yes to that question with its brand new Class of Clean: The College Student’s Guide to Cleaning toolkit, which provides concise, step-by-step information and guidance to help keep college kids clean and healthy.
The Class of Clean toolkit was designed with young adults in mind and provides a crash course in effective cleaning that emphasizes public health guidelines for disinfecting, cleaning and hygiene from the laundry room to the dorm room.
This online and mobile-friendly toolkit arms college students with an arsenal of highly visual and informative resources, addressing everything from the basics of cleaning and laundry to dividing cleaning responsibilities in shared living spaces.
- Move In/Move Out Checklist: A resource for college students at the beginning of the school year as they arrive on campus to help disinfect their rooms, and at the end of the year, to avoid additional cleaning fees
- Stain Removal Guide: An easy, informative guide for college students to refer to as they tackle difficult stains
- Cleaning with a Sick Roommate: A resource on how to prevent the spread of illness in close quarters
- Laundry 101: A handout for students on all things laundry, including how to sort laundry, load the washer and dry clothing
- Conscientious Roommate Checklist: A cleaning checklist for college students that will be sharing living spaces both on and off campus
“After arriving on campus, learning doesn’t stop at the classroom door,” said Melissa Hockstad, ACI President & CEO. “Our Class of Clean toolkit will help college students understand the important role cleaning plays when it comes to protecting themselves and their friends and equip them with the guidance they need to navigate cleaning and disinfecting now and in the future.”
In addition to Class of Clean, ACI offers dedicated resources and tailored cleaning and disinfecting recommendations for child care centers, schools, businesses and consumers. To learn more, visit cleaninginstitute.org/cleaningiscaring.
For organizations interested in sharing or distributing the Class of Clean toolkit , please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Cleaning Institute® (ACI – www.cleaninginstitute.org) is the Home of the U.S. Cleaning Products Industry® and represents the $60 billion U.S. cleaning product supply chain. ACI members include the manufacturers and formulators of soaps, detergents, and general cleaning products used in household, commercial, industrial and institutional settings; companies that supply ingredients and finished packaging for these products; and chemical distributors. ACI serves the growth and innovation of the U.S. cleaning products industry by advancing the health and quality of life of people and protecting our planet. ACI achieves this through a continuous commitment to sound science and being a credible voice for the cleaning products industry.