Program Finalized, Speakers Added for ACI Workshop
on New Test Methods for Cleaning Product Safety
- March 2 Event Brings Together Experts Reviewing Latest In Vitro Methods to Assess Respiratory Irritation
- Event Registration is Open on ACI’s Website
Washington, D.C. – February 16, 2023 – An in-depth agenda has been finalized and new speakers added to the American Cleaning Institute’s (ACI) March 2 workshop, “New Approach Methods (NAMs) for the In Vitro Assessment of Cleaning Products for Respiratory Irritation.”
The day-long event will bring together leading experts who will explore the best available non-animal scientific methods to assess the potential hazard of respiratory irritation throughout the life cycle of cleaning products.
The workshop takes place March 2, 2023 beginning at 8:00 a.m. ET at Convene, 1201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia.
The day’s sessions will include a clinical presentation and discussions on adverse outcome pathways, animal test limitations and available new approach methodologies for respiratory irritation.
“During this workshop, attendees will review in vitro cellular and tissue-based testing methods for assessing the hazard of respiratory irritation throughout the life cycle of cleaning products, from raw materials, formulation of intermediate and end use products, and use in their intended markets,” said Francis Kruszewski, PhD, DABT, ACI Senior Director, Human Health & Safety.
The updated list of speakers include:
- Holger Behrsing, PhD, Institute for In Vitro Sciences
- Sabina Burla, PhD, Invitrolize; formerly of Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Phillip Clapp, PhD, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- Scott Dotson, PhD, CIH, Insight Exposure & Risk Sciences Group
- Annie M. Jarabek, PhD, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Shaun McCullough, PhD, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Kathryn Page, PhD, The Clorox Company
- Vivek Patel, PhD, Institute for In Vitro Sciences
- Clive Roper, PhD, Roper Toxicology Consulting Limited
- Monita Sharma, PhD, PETA Science Consortium International
This workshop is ideal for cleaning product manufacturer and supplier researchers, scientists, toxicologists, and other technical experts throughout government agencies and non-governmental organizations.
The workshop findings will be used to generate a report to guide and assist the cleaning products industry in best practices and principles when selecting in vitro testing methods for their products.
Those interested in attending can learn more and register on ACI's website.
The American Cleaning Institute® (ACI – www.cleaninginstitute.org) is the Home of the U.S. Cleaning Products Industry® and represents the $60 billion U.S. cleaning product supply chain. ACI members include the manufacturers and formulators of soaps, detergents, and general cleaning products used in household, commercial, industrial and institutional settings; companies that supply ingredients and finished packaging for these products; and chemical distributors. ACI serves the growth and innovation of the U.S. cleaning products industry by advancing the health and quality of life of people and protecting our planet. ACI achieves this through a continuous commitment to sound science and being a credible voice for the cleaning products industry.