ACI’s Approach to Sustainability
Definition of Sustainability
The ability to create products providing hygiene and cleanliness, in a manner that is environmentally sound, socially responsible and economically viable, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Principles for Sustainability
The members of the American Cleaning Institute strive to align business practices with the following principles:
- Protect human health and the environment against undesirable impacts
- Optimize use of the planet’s resources across all phases of a product’s lifecycle
- Govern our businesses with integrity, responsibility, and transparency
- Develop innovative products that contribute to the long term value of the industry
- Enhance the health and quality of life of our society
ACI’s Sustainability Mission
To enable our membership to drive improvements in sustainability across our industry and throughout our supply chain.