What’s New with the Flu?
Update: 2015 Cold & Flu Season
The Centers for Control and Prevention (CDC) officially declared this year’s flu illness an epidemic. Prevention is more important than ever.
Cold & Flu Prevention Steps
Important steps to protecting you and your family from the spread of cold or flu germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve if you don’t have a tissue.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- If you get sick, stay home from work or school except to seek medical care and limit contact with others.
Because Cleaning Matters®, do your part! Educate others about good hygiene during cold and flu season!