SUMMARY/PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
ACI is seeking a Senior Manager, Public Health to join our team. This position is responsible for managing scientific research and outreach on the safety and efficacy of over-the-counter (OTC) topical antiseptics (e.g., antimicrobial hand and skin products) using state-of-the-art tools and resources. The incumbent will be responsible for clinical research projects in accordance with FDA OTC Monograph requirements, as well as other related technical projects. This position plays a key role in supporting the Institute’s strategic objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Master’s degree in public health, or a related field, with 3-5 years of work experience. Degrees in related fields will be considered when presented with relevant work experience such as in clinical study or contract research management, epidemiology, biostatistics, microbiology or toxicology.
- Understanding of FDA rules and regulations a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including non-scientific audiences.
- Experience with managing contractors, academic partners, and collaborations on scientific projects.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), a must; skilled in research using the Internet or other technical resources.
- Serve as the program and technical lead on scientific projects related to the safety and efficacy of OTC topical antiseptics such as hand sanitizers and antimicrobial soaps.
- Manage ACI-sponsored clinical studies.
- Keep abreast of emerging science and regulatory policies, monitor technical literature, as well as write and review technical reports, white papers, and publications for peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Prepare status/progress reports for presentation members and other stakeholders.
- Develop and administer program budgets and resources allocation.
- Develop and deliver scientific messaging for external stakeholders such as at scientific and technical conferences and meetings, and audiences for ACI technical communications.
- Facilitate and manage ACI expert technical groups.
- Assist with project management, including technical and administrative assistance, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirement to Resumes@CleaningInstitute.org.