The Manager, Environmental and Scientific Affairs reports to the Associate Vice President, Technical & International Affairs and is responsible for managing scientific research and outreach on the environmental safety of cleaning products and their ingredients using state-of-the-art tools and resources. The incumbent will be responsible for research initiatives related to chemical databases, environmental modeling, sustainability, and science education.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences/engineering, public health, or a related field, with 3-5 years of work experience. Degrees in related fields will be considered when presented with relevant work experience such as in toxicology, sustainability, risk assessment, or epidemiology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact productively with both internal and external stakeholders, including non-scientific audiences.
- Experience with managing contractors and academic partners on scientific projects.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), a must; skilled in research using the Internet or other technical resources; and possess the ability to navigate and manage a website.
- Serve as the program and technical lead on scientific projects related to the safety of cleaning products and ingredients such as the Cleaning Product Ingredient Safety Initiative (CPISI) and the aquatic environmental GIS fate model iSTREEM.
- Keep abreast of emerging science and policies, monitor technical literature, and write and review technical reports, white papers, and publications for peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Prepare status/progress reports for presentation to ACI’s senior leadership and members.
- Develop and administer program budgets and resources allocation.
- Develop and deliver scientific messaging for external stakeholders such as at scientific and technical conferences and meetings.
- Facilitate and manage ACI expert technical groups.
- Assist with project management, including technical and administrative assistance, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACI offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to health insurance, all federal holidays, paid vacation, personal, and sick days, and a 401(k) plan.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: Resumes@cleaninginstitute.org.