SUMMARY PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Law Clerk position is responsible for supporting the Assistant General Counsel with ACI’s legal-related matters. To be successful in the position, the incumbent must exercise initiative in carrying out the duties of the position, must be a team player, and must possess strong communication and writing skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Juris Doctor Candidate, preferably rising 2L or second semester 1L. Demonstrated work ethic and history of academic success.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Willingness to take initiative while being a team player.
- Effective communication and legal research and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and video conferencing platforms (including Microsoft Teams and Zoom).
- Assist in reviewing, researching and drafting terms for commercial contracts with various consultants, vendors and partners.
- Maintain status records pertaining to pending and registered trademarks.
- Assist legal department in responding to legal-related inquiries across departments and subject matters, prioritizing and escalating issues as needed.
- Maintain and organize legal files and documents.
- Conduct standard, first-level legal review of essential Institute documents, including minutes and agendas; correspondence and position papers; public relations information; education documents and other materials as directed.
- Conduct legal research on various legal matters as needed.
- Assist in developing training modules for internal staff on legal topics, including compliance and risk management.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Assistant General Counsel.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirement to Resumes@CleaningInstitute.org.