The American Cleaning Institute's purpose is to serve the growth and innovation of the U.S. cleaning products industry by advancing the health and quality of life of people and protecting our planet. ACI achieves this through a continuous commitment to sound science and being a credible voice for the cleaning products industry.
Established in 1926, ACI is dedicated to advancing public understanding of the safety and benefits of cleaning products, and protecting the ability of its members to formulate products that best meet consumer needs. ACI serves both its members and the public by developing and sharing information about industry products with the technical community, policy makers, childcare and health professionals, educators, media, and consumers.
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The American Cleaning Institute (ACI) has an immediate opening for a Communication and Outreach Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP), Communication, Outreach & Membership, the Communication and Outreach Coordinator works closely with the SVP as well as the Director, Digital Communications; Director, Education & Outreach; and other ACI staff to support internal and external communications, education, and outreach efforts. The incumbent will collaborate as part of the communications and outreach team to assist in the execution of the aforementioned programs to advance the Institute’s purpose and coordinate other programmatic tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, or marketing, with 2-3 years’ of related experience in a field relevant to communications, public relations, marketing, or journalism.
- Some measureable experience in corporate, non-profit, trade association, news media, academic, government, or similar organizations’ communications, public relations, media relations, or marketing offices.
- Effective oral communication skills with the ability to convey information to others in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content.
- Experience with online communication tools, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Creative thinker and problem-solver with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact productively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively across ACI departments.
- Experience using social media analytics and engagement strategies.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively on tight deadlines.
- Helps with content updates to the Institute’s website, including working with department heads to ensure their web content is up-to-date and reflective of ACI’s current value proposition, key messages, and brand.
- Aids in identifying, recommending, and implementing tactics to leverage key communications initiatives and messages across channels and platforms (i.e., email quick letters, external media, social media, websites, publications, etc., as appropriate.)
- Writes blog posts, articles, newsletters, press releases, web content, and material for social media platforms and conventional media sources.
- Assists in tracking online analytics and supports internal and external data reporting needs.
- Manages interaction with media, coordinates and follows-up on requests.
- Tracks news coverage of the Institute’s key issues and disseminates copy to members and key stakeholders, as needed.
- Works collaboratively and independently with staff to plan, manage, and monitor activities in the areas of consumer education and outreach in support of the Director of Education & Outreach.
- Manages internal execution and distribution – through ACI’s membership database – of electronic/email content to ACI member companies and external stakeholder audiences.
- Manages special projects, including tracking status, communicating timelines, and meeting deadlines.
- Manages communications received in the departments’ electronic mailboxes.
- Prepares reports that track the impact of educational and outreach programs on a monthly basis.
- Manages and submits all required paperwork for the Institute to exhibit at educational and outreach conferences including: space planning, payment, furnishings, carpet, electrical, floral, freight, registration, etc.
- Manages production of publications and mass mailings of materials generated from conference exhibits, as needed.
- Helps serve as steward of the Institute’s brand for internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
ACI offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to health insurance, all federal holidays, paid vacation, personal, and sick days, and a 401(k) plan.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: Resumes@cleaninginstitute.org.