The American Cleaning Institute works toward better living and keeping people safe in their homes – especially when it comes to the safe, proper use, and storage of cleaning products.
Doing Laundry the Safe Way
- Always close the laundry detergent container, box, bottle or flexible pouch immediately after use.
- Keep laundry products out of the reach of children and pets.
- Remember to keep products in their original container and immediately put them in a secure place after use.
- Read and follow all recommended instructions on the laundry product label prior to use. Knowing what to do if an accident occurs is important. Make it a point to keep the Poison Control Center phone number handy (1-800-222-1222).
- Clean up any spills, and immediately wash your hands and any items used to dispense or measure products.
- Questions about laundry products? Call the manufacturer using the toll free number on the product label, or visit their website for more information.
2013 Poison Prevention Week Posters
Click the posters to download a digital copy or go to www.poisonprevention.org/materials.htm to order.
Grades K-2 First Place Poster
Grades 3-5 First Place Poster
Grades 6-8 First Place Poster