Caring for Rash Guard Clothing
You’ve invested in the clothing that will protect you from the harmful rays of the sun. But are you taking care of those rash guard shirts as well as you are caring for your skin? If you don’t launder them properly, they can lose their effectiveness. So read up!
- Rinse it out with fresh water immediately after wearing
- Never use hot water, only cool or lukewarm
- Turn the garment inside out and hand wash, using a biodegradable soap
- Hang dry away from direct sun or heat
- Don’t fold or ball up the garment because it can weaken the fabric
- Don’t leave in the trunk of your car because it can be damaged by the heat