Going Beyond Green
Laundry Know How for Consumers
Earth day or laundry day, you can do your part to save the environment. And save money too!
Are you one of those people who do multiple loads of laundry each week? If you are, even a slight change in your routine can impact the environment. By taking simple steps to save energy and conserve water, you can do your part to make every laundry day Earth Day.
How can you GO BEYOND GREEN® when doing laundry?
Pay attention to each step that you take. While it may be easy to find green products, going beyond green is about more than choosing a green product. It’s about proper use, dosage and recycling. Follow these simple tips and make a commitment to go beyond green in your laundry room!
- Using the recommended amount of detergent, bleach and fabric softener gives you top performance and can help you save money and a small piece of the Earth.Follow garment care instructions to select the right water temperature. Select a lower water temperature when possible.
- The two biggest energy uses when doing laundry come from heating the water and drying the load. Always follow fabric care labels and instructions: wash with the coldest water possible and spin at the highest recommended speed to remove water.Consider using concentrated laundry products.
- Pay attention to water levels and select the right amount of water for each load of laundry. Avoid over-filling your washing machine to save water and energy.
- Concentrated laundry products save packaging and transportation energy costs. Do your part by disposing empty laundry product containers at your local recycling facility.
- To conserve energy and save money, consider using a clothesline to dry your laundry outdoors, instead of using your gas or electric dryer.
Download the free tip-sheet, “Going Beyond Green: Laundry Know How for Consumers,” and share with your friends and family. Tell us your ideas about how you are going beyond green in your laundry room on our Facebook page!
See other actions you can take!