Baby Safety and Your Laundry Routine
You may have heard about ACI’s KEY Pledge laundry safety campaign. We created this campaign to help keep children safe by talking to parents and caregivers about the safe storage, usage and handling of liquid laundry packets (also referred to as as laundry pods or pacs). While millions of people use these products safely, many don't realize that liquid laundry packets contain highly concentrated detergent and should be kept away from children, just like other household cleaners such as bleach and dish soap.
Education and awareness are key to preventing injury and accidental exposure to liquid laundry packets. Help ACI spread the word by talking to your friends and family about safe laundry practices.
Always keep liquid laundry detergent packets away from children:
- These products aren't toys so don’t let children handle them.
- Be careful not to puncture or pull packets apart.
- Packets can quickly dissolve upon contact with water, wet hands, or saliva.
- Make it a habit to store the laundry packets out of sight.
- Always keep the container closed and dry.
- Always ensure re-closable bag or container is tightly sealed after use and during storage.
- As with other laundry products, keep packets in their original container with intact labels.
- If you think a child has been exposed to a single-load liquid laundry packet, call your local poison center at 1-800-222-1222 immediately.
Watch & Share the Video
Learn More about Laundry Packet Safety
Copy & Share our
Laundry Safety Messages