Glycerine Innovation Award
2012 Scientists Honored
From left to right (click image to view larger),
- Dorith Tavor Sami Shamoon College of Engineering, Israel – Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Adi Wolfson Sami Shamoon College of Engineering, Israel – Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Kathleen Stanton American Cleaning Institute – Director, Technical and Regulatory Affairs
- Douglas Root AOCS - Industrial Oil Products Division - Chairman
- Kyle Anderson National Biodiesel Board – Technical Product Manager
Sponsored by the American Cleaning Institute (ACI) and the National Biodiesel Board (NBB), this award recognizes outstanding achievement for research into new applications for glycerine with particular emphasis on commercial viability. The award consists of a $5,000 honorarium and a plaque commemorating the presentation. The honor is annually presented during the American Oil Chemists' Society (AOCS) Industrial Oil Products Division meeting.
No geographical limits are placed on the award and the awardee need not be a member of the Division, the Society, ACI, nor the NBB. Self-nominations are permitted. The award is presented at the AOCS Annual Meeting, where the recipient may deliver an acceptance address. Particular emphasis is given to the existing or potential commercial importance of the work.
Nominations should consist of a nomination letter (limited to 2 pages) describing original research work in new applications and uses for glycerine. In addition, at least two letters of support, and a copy of the published journal article relating to the research, may accompany the nomination. The nomination deadline is November 1.
Download the Intent to Nominate form (MS Word Document).
Annual Winners Include: