Clean Homes…Safe and Healthy Families
Program Award of Excellence
The annual award honors members of the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS) for their innovative educational programs that utilize any of ACI's educational materials (home safety, disaster preparedness included) to help families and individuals understand the link between clean and safe homes and good health.
Applications may be submitted by an individual or team. The activity or program must have been conducted by an Extension Agent in the past two years. The national award recipients will present a concurrent session at Annual NEA Session the year award is received. Two (2) $500 awards are given at Annual NEA Session as well as recognition in ACI's newsletter, Cleaning Matters®. Click here for more information about the award and how to apply.
Previous Award Recipients Include:
- 2011 - Linda Beech (Kansas) and Darlene Christensen (Utah)
- 2010 - Robin Eubank (Kansas) and Joan Vinette (Michigan)
- 2009 - Snapshot of Food Safety & Healthy Choices Week
- 2008 - How, When and Why of Handwashing and Kitchen Clean Up
- 2007 - Helping Baby Boomers Reduce Clutter and Youth Wage War on Body Odor
- 2005 - Reducing Lead Poisoning and Imaginary Hygiene Report Card Projects
- 2004 - Maryland, Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service Agents Receive Award
- 2003 - Inaugural Award
Clean and Healthy Families & Communities Award
New in 2012, this award is for members of the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS) honoring outstanding educational programming efforts that utilize any of ACI’s educational materials and promote the connection between cleanliness and health.